Are you passionate about korfball? Do you want to work in a team with people who are looking to push the boundaries and improve? Apply for the Welsh Assistant Coach role.
Welsh Korfball is entering a very exciting era; having narrowly missed out on qualifying for a place at the World Championships at the Europeans early this year, we are now looking to push on, work hard and improve before we take on Europeans in 2020.
Role: To assist the Head coach in coaching the Senior Wales Korfball Squad in preparation for International competition. This will include coaching at all training sessions and at international tournaments.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist the Head coach with session planning
- Lead specific drills within training sessions
- Increase the standard of korfball in Wales through coaching the national squad and participating in open sessions for all Welsh teams
- Serve as a role model and mentor for those within the squad
- Assist the Head coach in managing team dynamics in conjunction with the Team Manager and Squad Captain
- Attend international tournaments
- Promote the image and perception of Welsh Korfball
- Continue personal CPD to ensure you have all the skills necessary to fulfil the role
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of Wales Korfball
- Act as an ambassador for Wales Korfball
All candidates will be considered for the position regardless of previous experience.
If you would like to be considered for this position please email email@example.com stating your name, email address, mobile number, and your answers to the following questions:
- Please give a brief outline of your korfball CV (how long have you been playing, at which clubs, club/region/international honours etc).
- Using the key responsibilities listed above, demonstrate how you meet the desired person specification for the role. This should include a brief outline of your coaching philosophy, how you can work alongside and support the Head coach and what you can bring to the Welsh Korfball Senior squad.
Please note this is a voluntary position however expenses may be paid.
Application deadline: 12/05/2019
We look forward to hearing from you!